I’m including this recipe for Valentine’s day, mostly because everytime I eat it, it makes me think of my grandmother. One of the closest people to my heart.
“Avózinha do meu coração” : grandmother in my heart.
You can get the recipe for Montreal Steak Spice, here.
(PanFried) Garlic Grilled Beef Steaks
Growing up in Montreal, this is how my grandmother used to make our steaks. Juicy and full of flavour.
2 sirloin steaks
6 cloves garlic, minced
3 tablespoons butter, room temperature
6 tablespoons Montreal Steak Spice
1 1/2 tablespoon Sea salt
- Mince garlic and mix with butter at room temperature.
- In a shallow plate, put the Montreal Steak Spice
- Dip the sides of the steak in the Spice and press to properly coat the sides with the peppers (spice) and give the steaks a spice crust.
- Spread garlic butter over both sides of the steak
- Let stand 20 mins.
- Heat skillet on high. Sear both sides of the steak 3 mins each side. The steak will be medium to medium-rare. Cook longer for better done.
- Sprinkle Sea Salt over cooked Steaks as soon as removed from skillet and still hot.
- For Montreal Steak Spice recipe, check out the Substitutes page.