These little gifts of pure indulgence are not only easier and quicker to make than you might think… it will make women more agile in bed. That’s right, gentlemen! Go out and get your woman one of those heart-shaped boxes of chocolates; according to the science, chocolate turns women into bedroom gymnasts !!! (Yay for chocolate!)
So, without further ado…. here it is:
Spicy Strawberry Chocolate Candies
Another great little treat to share with that special someone…
500 grams Chocolate ( 72% cacao)
200 grams strawberry jam ( the best quality you can get)
75 grams Hot Pepper Jelly
- Place 350 grams of chocolate in the microwave and melt (30 seconds at a time making sure to stir between each heating).
- The chocolate should be heated to 50-55C.
- Mix it well and add in 100 grams of the unmelted chocolate.
- Stir vigorously until completely melted. The chocolate should now be a 31-32C.
- This is the perfect tempered temperature.
- Fill your chocolate mould completely.
- Wait 2 minutes and pour out any of the melted chocolate back into your bowl. This will leave the moulds with just enough chocolate coating to your cups.
- Leave the bowl of melted chocolate over hot water in Bain-Marie to keep chocolate warm.
- While the mould sets, mix the Jam and Jelly together. If you’d like to remove any fruit lumps, pass it through a sieve.
- Fill the set chocolate moulds to 2/3 – 3/4.
- Check the temperature of the chocolate. If it is still at 31-32C, you can go ahead an cover the moulds with chocolate then use a metal flat spatula to scrape off any excess chocolate.
- If the temperature has dropped, re-start tempering process.
- Let chocolates set in a cool area for 5-10 mins.
- This recipe makes approximately 40 chocolates. Nutritional value is based on 20.
- Careful not to have any water come into contact with the chocolate. Water is the enemy of chocolate.
- Leave in a cool area (preferably at 12-14C). Do not put in fridge. Extreme changes in temperature is not good for the chocolate